"Come what may" means a lot to me. It means love, humility, loyalty and most of all perseverance. I'm constantly working on all of those things. That's what this is all about.

Monday, September 19, 2011

A little girl's third Birthday


Harper turned three years old last Friday. I will spare you my laments of time passing quickly and how fast she's growing up. What I will say is that sometimes I look at her and realize that she has a mind of her own. She knows what she wants and tries her hardest to think (and do) for herself. It's actually quite scary. And yes, time has passed extremely fast, and I am absolutely relishing these moments that she is still a toddler, but I am looking forward to kidergarden, to sleepovers, and to ballet and piano lessons. With all of that said, it was such a great feeling to have all of our family and friends over to celebrate her third birthday. I think it was a success!

 These beautiful paper flowers were extremely easy to make! I really think they added a lot to the look of the party. Simple, sweet, and colorful. 



 Along with Bruschetta, Boiled peanuts, and some tasty cream cheese and olive dip, we made these adorable s'more cups! They were DELICIOUS!



I love these little take-home favors for the adults. I wrapped cookies in tissue paper and sealed them with a sticker. Some of the stickers had a cute picture of Harper and others were stamped with an "h" or a heart.


The kids didn't go home empty-handed. We made little goodie boxes filled with all sorts of fun stuff. We tied little paint chip hearts to them and stamped them with every kiddo's initials!



Harper's cake was my absolute favorite thing. I've been dying to try this "ruffle" technique and I think it turned out awesome! My fabulous husband assembled the cake for me and I happily decorated. Normally, you would continue the ruffles on top in a circular pattern, but I just love the idea of personalizing a cake with writing. That's just me. 



 This, by far was the bane of my existence for a few days but I was very happy with it after all was said and done. I love to personalize and there's no way you can buy a banner this cute!



Last but not least, I had to include my favorite picture of the Birthday girl. She was totally in her element. All the attention she wanted, and friends to play with left and right. 

What a great day.

1 comment:

  1. I'm always telling Eric that Harper is just too cute when I see video or pictures you have posted on FB. She is such a beautiful little girl! And you did an amazing job on the decorations for her party!

    ReplyDelete